Saturday, June 19, 2010

Planes Ride

Dear Followers,
Today I left my home at 4:15 AM to reach my first destination of a very long trip. We drove to Bradley international airport. It was so early that there was barely any traffic and we got there in 30-45 min. Upon saying my goodbyes to my mom and brother i went into the airport to see a rather large line, yes, a line at the check-in counter at 5:15 AM, they had two people working at two separate registers. One worker had a man with a show dog who had an enormous kennel at at least the size of a standard refrigerator in the U.S., the dog was a purse sized dog as well. So this held up one line and the other line was held up by a couple with three children and four strollers. I mean really why do you need four strollers for three kids ??? anyway they needed to be checked and that held up the other line. I ended up waiting in line until about 5:50 at which point they decided to open up a third register, only took them 40 min to figure that out. I was able to quickly check my bags and put them through this x-ray thing which was kinda cool. Luckily they didn't choose my bag for a "random" inspection which consists of breaking/opening the lock on the bag if there is one and turning the bag upside down and then jamming all the passengers crap back in. So i got through check-in okay and i got through security without any problems. I got to my terminal and was starving it was about 6:30 and my flight was set for departure at 7:15 and boarding at 7:00. so I ran to the little store thing near my gate and bought some granola parfait, I've become quite fond of the stuff. After which i got on my plane and flew to Chicago. I was unaware of the time difference so I thought that we arrived at 9:40, it was actually 8:40. This had me worrying because my next flight started boarding at 10:00. our gate was taken in Chicago so i sat within 1000 ft of my next plane waiting until 9:10, keep in mind i thought it was 10:10. I kept calm and got off the plane sprinted to the next gate to find a bunch of kids from the group playing cards and completely relaxed. I was freaked out until they gave me quizzical looks and i looked at the Clock in the airport to see it was in fact 9:15. so i went to Starbucks and ate a piece of lemon lb cake, another granola parfait, a blueberry muffin and a raspberry danish. this all went well i got on the plane and ended up sitting next to a middle aged man who was on a trip from the university where he worked, Wright University in Ohio, he said that he was going to dalian in the northeast of china. That was nice i slept for most of the time though and watched a couple of movies. We got to Shanghai and had a 1 hr 30 min bus ride to get to East China Normal University. When we got there we had about 2 hrs of free time to get settled my roommate is Jammel Maddox as planned and he is very nice. after settling down i went to the ATM and got some money out. We went to dinner and had a lot of small dishes and i ate a lot and loved it.

P.S. I might not be able to write this much all the time but i will always have updates everyday

4 comments:

  1. lol, sounds exciting. I am wicked jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny! 4 strollers for 3 kids," I mean really why do you need four strollers for three kids ??? " And a "standard refrigerator in the U.S." kennel for a for a "purse sized dog", and a a "random" inspection, which consists of breaking/opening the lock on the bag if there is one and turning the bag upside down and then jamming all the passengers crap back in."
    I could not stop laughing. :)
    You can always become a stand up comic in China.
    Also, I didn't know you could eat so much cake.
    Keep this blog going. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it safely and about the time thing you get use to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that our connection drped this morning Loved seeing you even for a breef moment. xxoo Nana

    ReplyDelete