Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bamboo Mat

Today i woke about at the regular time about 6:30 laid in bed till 7:00 took a shower then ate breakfast. my breakfast consisted of the usual rice milk, kinda wierd, mantou with some vegetable dish and this like big bun filled with noodles and vegetables actually pretty good. after that i wrote in my journal and then left for school around 8:30. it only takes me maybe 20 min to get to school walking but i like to be early and i wanted to look at some bamboo mats for my bed because it makes it cooler. i didnt see one that i liked but i figured i would have more time to look in the afternoon so it was ok. we had classes and we spent half the day reviewing so that was good. and i was able to catch up a little bit. after that we went and ate lunch which was actually not very good but i figured that was okay because i knew that at night my host family would give me lots of food. after lunch we had culture class and we talked about US China relationships currently and historically. after culture class we had tutor groups during which time we reviewed the idioms hat we need to know for our strive for excellence groups. after that we had buddy activities which i think are a waste of time but we were able to hear our tutors sing the chinese national anthem which was nice and we sang our anthem for them due to the closeness of independence day in the states. on my way home i bought a bamboo mat and we had an enourmas feast for dinner. halfway through dinner my host family came in to our home and brought red bayberrys which were very very tasty after that i had to do homework.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day.

    I wonder if the US only grows green bayberries, like the ones used for scent in the Yankee Candle bayberry beeswax candlesticks. I will have to Google this.

    Love you. Chin up! Be happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete